Top Drawer Creative is a holistic services ad agency with a unique specialization. We focus on a specific consumer psychographic segment called AHAA (Active, Healthy, Affluent, Aware) and the brands that target this group. We are not for everyone and we may not be for you. But if you are interested in helping people live healthier, more sustainably, more consciously and more adventurously, we may be the perfect place to work.
Our vibe is down to earth and fun – yet results focused. We have a great workspace in the heart of Toronto’s Beach community that inspires a unique and appealing culture. We are currently seeking an experienced Graphic Designer with strong interactive experience but not without good knowledge of the print environment. Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be required to assist with conceptualizing, create designs & layouts, assembles text and graphics into formats for online and printed communications, using computerized typesetting and image assembly under the guidance of the agency art directors and creative directors.
• Provides design (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
• Follows creative processed as outlines by the agency.
• Archives and maintains digital files, hard copy, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources in a well-organized, professional way.
CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
• Creative, imaginative and conceptual
• Sense of colour and form and good knowledge of typography
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• A good working knowledge of the English language
• Good communication skills
• Good marketing abilities
• Able to work as part of a team
• Excellent organizational skills
• Be able to design according to style and brand guides
• Regular Attendance
• Minimum 5 years Graphic Design experience
• Accredited Graphic Design degree or diploma
• Have an expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with Adobe Flash and Adobe Dreamweaver or web-authoring languages such as HTML and CSS is an asset
• Experience with Mac OS X
• Have adequate knowledge of conventional printing processes
• Have a thorough knowledge of designing for online
• Have a thorough knowledge of all electronic file formats and their uses
• Have a thorough knowledge of typography
Please send your cover letter, resume and pdf portfolio to email@example.com with “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. We thank everyone for applying, however, only those candidates who have been selected will be contacted. No phone calls please.